- 1 Reports
- 2 Report favorites
- 3 Report templates
- 4 Report categories of the static reports
- 5 Quicklinks – Course assistance
- 5.1 Total overview of the certifications
- 5.2 Test and assessment results
- 5.3 Statistics on course participants
- 5.4 Statistics on course participant – Learning path
- 5.5 Satisfaction of the course participants
- 5.6 Results from web-based training
- 5.7 Results for the knowledge test and assessment for a user of a category
- 5.8 Rankings for a knowledge test
- 5.9 Participants’ question results
- 5.10 Overview of conducted knowledge tests
- 5.11 Matrix – Participants x learning path Lite
- 5.12 Matrix – Participants x learning path
- 5.13 Learning time per course participant
- 5.14 KPI: Satisfied participants
- 5.15 Knowledge-test results
- 5.16 Files of the participants
- 5.17 Event dates with participants’ data
- 5.18 Event dates with participant status
- 5.19 Event dates of the users in an OU
- 5.20 Course participant statistics (expanded)
- 5.21 Course activations for a category with subcategories
- 5.22 Course activation – participant status per learning object
- 5.23 Attendance list with extended participant data
- 5.24 Attendance list
- 5.25 Assessment results
- 5.26 Assessment of course participants’ total details
- 5.27 Anonymized matrix- participants x learning path
- 5.28 A user’s certifications
- 6 Quicklinks – Quality Assurance of the content
- 6.1 Comparison of feedbacks and evaluations of a course activation
- 6.2 Course code numbers
- 6.3 Detailed evaluation of a feedback question
- 6.4 Detailed evaluation of feedback questions
- 6.5 Detailed evaluation of poll
- 6.6 Dynamic quality check – knowledge test
- 6.7 Evaluation for mandatory feedback questions
- 6.8 Evaluation of feedback questions
- 6.9 Evaluation of feedback questions for a feedback object on people
- 6.10 Evaluation of feedback questions for feedback objects on people (over a given time period)
- 6.11 Feedback on a course activation
- 6.12 Feedback raw data report
- 6.13 Feedback received as event speaker
- 6.14 Feedback received on event speaker
- 6.15 KPI: Satisfied participants
- 6.16 Quality check on knowledge test
- 6.17 Result for a feedback form
- 6.18 Total evaluation of feedback data
- 6.19 Use figures by source client
- 7 Quicklinks – User support
- 7.1 A user’s certifications
- 7.2 A user’s event dates
- 7.3 Current learning units
- 7.4 Event dates of the users in an OU
- 7.5 Event dates of the users in an OU with category
- 7.6 Learning content covered
- 7.7 Needs notifications for a user
- 7.8 Overnight stays at hotel per event date group
- 7.9 Recipient of a course announcement
- 7.10 Results for the knowledge test and assessment for a user of a category
- 7.11 User course activation status
- 8 Data Warehouse instruction via Power Query Editor
You see all dynamic reports on the overview page Reports, which are assigned to you via the Report templates . You also see all static reports. This page is even shown if if you got no author rights for reports like Read, Select, Change, Create, Delete (object permission) and/or Change external content via the Author assistant or Permission groups wizard.
You can edit the corresponding report via clicking the title.
The overview table got the columns Title, Report category, Sub category, Report and Roles. You can Edit display of columns and order via a right clicking the table header.
Furthermore there are the following filters available: Titel, Report category, Language (Original language or other language) and Report type (All, Dynamic or Static).
As author you can open a report:
- by choosing the menu Reports → Reports and choosing a report out of the overview table or by filtering a report,
- via the widget My favorites or Reports to which I am subscribed and open single favorised or subscribed reports,
- by choosing Show report after choosing the context menu of the title in the overview, for example Learning content → Knowledge tests.
You open a report by choosing the report category first and then the subcategory. Now you can choose the single report of this category and you can open it via the button View.
Depending on the single report you get in the next step single filter options. The filters which are displayed on the left side are mandantory, because without them you cannot open the report. But also the filters on the right side make sense, because they restrict the retrieving amount of data. Thus reduces the loading time and on the other hand it makes the report clearlier laid out.
After setting your favored filters you can export the report into the appropiate format via the button PDF, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and CSV or you can open the report directly via Show in Avendoo®. After opening in Avendoo® there is an export via these buttons possible; you find the buttons now above the report. Furthermore you can subscribe to the report or you can add it to your favorites.
As team leader or user you can open the corresponding report in the Cockpit on the tab reports by clicking the title of the corresponding report in the list. Choose then the corresponding mandantory field and the optional fields and after that you click the button Show. To safe the report, you can click the buttons PDF, Excel, Word, PowerPoint or CSV. If the report is displayed, you can subscribe to the report or you can add the report to the favorites.
Original report: Static report
If a drill-down report is possible for a static report, defines the author by assigning a report template to a permission group or to a user. The author sees the drill-down report templates intended on the list. The author can set single check marks.
In general: If the author assigns reports directly to the user (author, user or team leader), the user can open these. The user cannot select drill-down report templates on static report templates. This is only possible on dynamic reports.
Original report: Dynamic report
When the author has selected a static report as drill-down report in a dynamic report, the user can open the static report, if the user can open the superior dynamic report. This is also valid for the drill-down report from dynamic to dynamic. The user can open a report (static or dynamic) as drill-down, if the auhor has configured the drill-down report on a dynamic report template, which is assigned to the user – on the user or via a permission group. The user hasn’t to have a permission on a drill-down report.
Subscribe to report
reports (see screenshot below).If the report is displayed in Avendoo®, you see the button Subscribe to report in the middle above the report. Via this button you open the assistent for Regularly issued
Add report to favorites
There is automatically a report template generated for each available report in Avendoo®. Authors with the appropriate permissions can edit these report templates or they can create new report templates. The author defines in a report template, which filter and data is available in the report. The author can create multiple report templates with different configurations for dynamic reports. So that the appropriate users can use the report template, you assign as author via the list view the appropriate report template to an permission group or you assign this via the User wizard. Also you can assign the appropriate report template to the permission group, which is also assigned to any user.
The single reports can be displayed in different file formats (pdf, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CSV).
The Excel export of reports is configured to the current XLSX format and thus the limit is increased to 65,535 lines per table.
report templates of static reports and dynamic reports, if the access right Show, create and edit report templates was assigned on the tab Access rights in the Author assistant or on the tab Allocate author rights in the Permission groups wizard and this permission group was then assigned in the User wizard.Avendoo® lists you the
The report templates also have eight categories (learning content, event management, user management, course management, resources, clients, polls and use reports) and have analog to the reporting sub categories. This partitioning provides a better traceability of single report templates. You can show the single report templates in the corresponding favored file format (PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CSV file). Via the filter function you can search tightly focused for the corresponding report template.
Further information for creating report templates you find via clicking the box “New report template”.
Create a new report template.
Report categories of the static reports
For further information click on one of the report categories:
The most important reports to the following questions: What do your participants do ? Which participants do you have? What is the status of your participants?
The most important reports to the following questions: How good are questions be answered? What are the results of the feedbacks?
Data Warehouse instruction via Power Query Editor
Prerequisites (data resources from Avendoo®)
Avendoo® gives you the access to different data in the following two ways:
- Report favorites
In this case the data retrieve of the self-created dynamic report happens via the report ID for the following data:
- OB3 views (Overview tables)
In this case the data retrieve happens to the whole tab of the menu, like the following for example:
- Get raw data from Avendoo®
You can retrieve raw data from different systems like Avendoo® or HR systems via API.
- Raw data remains in the target system or on neutral data base
The raw data are connected via data base interface to the target and analysis system. The raw data is retrieved from a Middleware in the software (this means the Power Query Editor) to a data base of the analysis tool like Microsoft Excel, Power BI, Dataverse or Azure Data Lake Storage.
- Connect this data with other data (NOT in Avendoo®)
There are further data pools in this analysis tools. Basically, these are the master data of the employees, master data of the locations or stores, sales figures of the locations, geo data of the locations for example. Then the data from Avendoo® will be linked with data, which doesn’t exist in Avendoo®. Mostly this data is sales figures or product or customer data, which doesn’t exist in Avendoo®. To merge the data, we need from both data retrievals a congruent attribute like first name, last name, gender or location.
- Visualize and/or analyze this data
You can get new data or insights via this newly linked data.
If you consider it geographically, where is most or least learned?
Does a variety of training, learning or/and product training lead to more sales?
Example: Create a data retrieval via Report favorites in Excel
- You create an API author, which is used by several persons and is ONLY used for this data retrieval. Thus several persons get access to these Report favorites to change the filter settings or retrieve a report ID again for example.
- You select a report, which gives you the favored data. You set the required mandatory and optional filters also.
- Then you can display the favorite via the Report favorites and can copy the Report ID from this URL:
https://jussy1.pb.magh-boppert.de/Avendoo/share/report/DynamicReportServlet?favoriteReportID= 1672913147411 &action=initFromFavorite
- You open the Power Query Editor in Excel via the tab Data on the left side by choosing Retrieve data → Start Power Query Editor.
- You choose New source → Other source → Empty retrieval in the Power Query Editor on the right side.
Via the tab Start and the option Extended editor on the left side opens a further dialog window with a new retrieval.
You insert in the Empty field of the new retrieval’s dialog window the following configuration:
content = Web.Contents(„https:// _academy.avendoo.de/api/v1/report/1676032524861 „, [Headers=[Accept=“text/csv“]]),_
Source = Csv.Document(content,[Delimiter=“;“]),
#“Higher staged Header“ = Table.PromoteHeaders(Source, [PromoteAllScalars=true])
#“Higher staged Header“
You can exchange the URL of the corresponding system and the ID with the favorites ID from Avendoo® in the first line or you insert this one (see yellow area above).
Where to configure authentication
This retrieval opens automatically after you’ve maintained the configuration.
If this retrieval does not open automatically or you have to adjust it afterwards, you can open manually the dialog window to maintain or adjust the data.
Data source settings
You have to select the Global permissions, and the corresponding URL of your system, from which the data derives.
Furthermore you have to select Edit permissions and once again Edit, to open a further dialog window. Then you can enter the user name and the password under Master data.
- The function Update preview in the Power Query Editor gives you new data from the system. There’s no retrieval necessary via Avendoo®. You can update this data retrieval via Excel.
- The function Close and Load in the Power Query Editor gives you the favored data in Excel. You have to do an extra formatting each separately in the Power Query Editor or in Excel.
- To combine, evaluate and format specific data, you can use the data within Excel.
- Power BI represents a business analysis service by Microsoft, which enables you to make a connection with data and to transform and visualize them.