Do you need help?
If you have questions, then you can select one of the following three options:
Find answers to your questions, which already others have asked.
How do I embed content (files) of a zip medium in learning objects (for example: animations)?
- Upload the zip medium in your category via Learning content → Media.
- Via a right click on the line of the medium a contextual menu opens:
- Select Information.
- You are on the tab General. Here you find the ID of the medium and the included files. Because you need also information, let this dialog window opened.
- Copy the Medium ID on the clipboard.
- Go to the favored learning object for example via Learning content → Instructional material.
- Open the Instructional material wizard via click on the title and open the page, on which you want to embed the file from the zip medium.
- Insert via the editor an Iframe (). The following dialog window opens:
- You have to note the following structure of the link in the field URL: media/XXXXXXXX,X/de/zip/file/story.html
- “media” is always a fixed element.
- You enter the Medium ID from the clipboard for the “X” (for example “1512575154095_1”) ein. Important: Replace the underscore (_) with a comma (,).
- “de” (German) represents the language of the medium. This can be adjusted of course.
- “zip/file/” is also a fixed element of the link.
- The ending of the URL “story.html” represents the file name from the zip medium. This file name you can see in the information about the medium. Therefore go to the still opened dialog window with the information about your medium and search for the name of the file.
- Enter the width and height. These are in pixel or percent. Ideally you select the size, in which the content of the selected file was created.
- Confirm your entries with OK.
- Then save your changes in your learning object.
- You have successfully embedded your file from a zip medium.
Note: This instruction can be used for example for embedding SCORM content. The transmission of results can be only in web-based trainings, because only there are interface functions. You can only display the content in other learning objects.
How do I embed YouTube videos in Avendoo®?
Enter here the URL address of the video, which you want to embed. Select first Share below the YouTube video and then the tab Embed. Copy now that part of the URL address, which is after scr=.
How can the access rights be restricted for certain categories?
The category tree serves as navigation in the single categories. It shows the filing system of the learning content in Avendoo®. The name of the client is also the name of the highest category. You can create any sub categories in the client. Thus the learning content has a better structure.
How can I use the report subscriptions?
You receive automatic e-mails for an efficient educational controlling via report subscriptions. You create a report subscription by clicking the button Subscribe to report in the appropriate report (Dynamic reporting as an exception). You get an overview of the reports you are subscribed to in the widget Reports to which I am subscribed on the dashboard.
How do I add a document list to an event?
To add a document list to an event, do the following steps:
- Choose Learning content → Events → New event. The Event wizard opens.
- Click on Create event date on the tab Dates.
- Select a coordinator, speaker and location and then select the tab Documents.
- Click on the button Add document. The media center opens and you can select the already uploaded file or you can upload a new file via the button New medium.
- You can do the configurations for the document (More information) and then click on the button Apply and close.
- Now you find the uploaded file on the tab Documents in the Event wizard. To see to which event date the document belongs to, select the file and click on Show event dates.
- Go to the tab Description and select Empty page or a favored design template.
- event documents should be shown to the learner when he/she displays the event (Width*Height/scroll bar). Important: If you don’t add this area, no documents are shown, even if they are existing. Only if you are registered the documents are displayed. You find now the icon for Insert documents in the editor. Define how the
- Click on the button Save and close the Event wizard.
How can I adjust the e-mail templates in Avendoo®?
There are several standard e-mail templates available in Avendoo®. You can individually adjust them. To edit an e-mail text, choose User management → Clients → Messages. Note that if you adjust text regarding language you have to edit the mail texts for events for example in the content client, but you have to edit course activation texts in the user client.
More information about: Adjust e-mail templates
How can I let a course permanently opened and it doesn’t change to the completed learning units at the learning place?
If the course ends at an instructional material, you can define the Status of the instructional material under Preferences on the tab Content editor in the Instructional material wizard. Here you can select Completion impossible, this means the instructional material can’t be completed. Thus the course also can’t be completed.
How can I generate links in the e-mail templates?
If you have opened the tab Communication in the Event wizard, choose first the sub tab E-mail templates. Via the button New behind the single templates you can create a new e-mail template. To insert links you have two options:
Choose for example Learning content → Events → Event wizard → Communication → E-mail templates → New/edit.
Insert links via buttons
Link (this event)
Set the text cursor at that position, at which you want to insert the link. Then click on the button Link (this event) and the link will be generated and entered at the cursor position. Via this link the participant gets to the event.
Link (Learning object)
If you want to inform the participants about another learning object on the learning path, you can generate a link of the appropriate object. Therefore set the text cursor to the appropriate position. Then you have to select the learning, which you want to link, in the drop down menu below, for example a knowledge test, which is to be completed before participating an event. After that you click on the button Link (learning object) to generate the link directly in the text.
Set link to a depending feedback
The link to a depending feedback is already set in the standard template by the variable $SeminarDependentFeedback$. This link always looks like that:
If you use Avendoo®, this will be as follows:
If your server name shouldn’t be entered, contact the Avendoo® support.
You can insert the variable $SeminarDependentFeedback$ via the symbol in the editor. You only have to add your server address:
http://YourServername/lf/link?ref= + $SeminarDependentFeedback$ (without blank and +)
Link with the variable: $SeminarAnnouncementLink$
There is already a link to the announcement for you generated in the standard template. If your server address shouldn’t be before the variable $SeminarAnnouncementLink$, contact the Avendoo® support.
Basically you can insert the variable also via the symbol in the editor. Then you have to add it with your server address:
http://YourServername + $SeminarAnnouncementLink$ (without blank and +)
An example for an announcement link from Avendoo®:
How do I adjust e-mail templates for events?
There are basically the configured standard templates of Avendoo® used for communication with the event participants. These you can individually adjust of course. If you want to adjust the mail text for a new language, note that you change the mail texts in the content client if existing. To create a new e-mail template, choose Learning content → Events → Communication → E-mail templates.
More information about: Adjust e-mail templates for events
How are the controlling of the type of registration and the approval procedure linked?
If the author has selected the option External registration only or Only authors are entitled to register in the Registration management, the user can’t see these courses in the catalog. But if the approval procedure for the course activation is activated (via the Course activation wizard or via the rule on participant), the user can see the course activation in the catalog and he/she can send an approval request.
More information about: Approval procedure (course activation)
How can I register to a course?
If you click on a course unit the info page of the course opens. Here is the appropriate learning path displayed, graphically or in table form. Thus you can get an overview before the registration, how many elements the learning unit selected by you have and what type it is (e-learning, blended learning, event). Furthermore on this page are displayed the course details, the available languages, given assessments and training coaches.
To register for a learning unit, click on the button Register below the preview image of the course. Now you are entered as participant of the course and you can pass it as usual. Via My learning place you find your new course under Optional learning units.
Note: If a course is subject to approval, you can click here on the button Request inquiry to request the participation to this course. The appropriate responsible person will then be notified about your approval request.
See also: Self-registration to courses and events
How can I register to an event?
By clicking on a learning unit, which only contains an event, you get automatically to the registration page of the event. Here you can set filters in a long list, which restrict the event location, the event language and the starting and end date. The filters expand via the icon. In the list below you see on the first tab Available event dates (number) all event dates in future, which correspond to your filter criteria if set. The list contains the exact event date, the registration deadline, the location, the event speaker, a price if applicable and the number of free slots. Via Details you can show further details to the event date.
You can register to the appropriate event date via click on the button Register. You get a direct message of the success of the registration.
List of interested parties
If there are no event dates offered and under Available event dates (number) it is shown Still outstanding (list of interested parties), you can be entered on this. Therefore click on Register and a new dialog window opens. Here you can enter you personal desired date for the event and a comment. Via the Register button you confirm your data and register to the list of interested parties.
See also: Self-registration to courses and events
How can I leave a group?
To leave a group, click on the favored group and select top right beside the Settings icon (gear wheel) on the arrow and select Leave group.
Can I delete a group?
Yes, you can. Therefore click on the favored group and select then top right beside the Settings icon (gear wheel) the arrow. Select Delete group.
Is it possible to redo "Add friend" or to remove a pin wall?
Yes, you can. Therefore select the favored pin wall and click top right beside the Settings icon (gear wheel) on the arrow. Select Leave group.
Team leader cockpit
For whom is the team leader cockpit intended and which authorizations do you need therefore?
The team leader cockpit is designed for superiors, who are team leader for their employee. As team leader you are notified in Avendoo®, once there are approvals for a registration or deregistration for example necessary.
You should have the authorization User team leader as team leader, because the Author team leader has restricted rights. You can define team leader rights for the User team leader individually on the tab Functions in the User wizard. There are the following team leader rights: Manage course participants, Training needs, Task manager, Assess course participant, Edit approval requests, Show reports tab, Create certificate, Certification overview, Record certification, Assess essay questions, Training inventory, Create community groups and Show favorites tab.