You can create and edit as many user-defined fields as you want, if the rights Read, select and Change, create under User-defined fields (Adminstration (objects)) are assigned to your author account or permission group. By using user-defined fields you can configure individually fields in events, event dates and course activations, simply and comfortable. You can decide regarding the field type between text fields with only one entry, object selection with a selected target group (if only users or only authors or both) and Dropdown fields, which give you most freedom of design.
You define on the tab Options field, if these fields should be displayed in the Event wizard, Event date wizard, Course activation wizard or UCG wizard for learning units (sub option of the course activation option) and also should be shown in the overviews of events, event dates and course activations as filters. Additionally, you define via the second sub option of the course activations, if these fields should be shown in the overview of the training inventory and if you can filter them. Finally, you can translate the title and the description of the user-defined fields.
You can also insert these user-defined fields as variable on the tab Main page in the Event wizard (Example: $customWizardfield[identifier]$ Title).
You see all already existing user-defined fields in the overview (Administration → User-defined fields). If you click the title, you get to the corresponding wizard User-defined fields. You see the following data in the table: Title, Description, Translation, Preview, Field type, Owner, Created, Change date and Identifier. Via right click on the table header you can edit the display of columns and their order.
You can filter by the following criteria: Title, Language, Field type, Connection type and Identifier.
You got the administration object rights Read, select and Change, create under User-defined fields.
To create a new user-defined field, choose Administration → User-defined fields → New user-defined field.
The wizard User-defined fields opens.
The name of the user-defined field.
Can be seen in the associated wizard (Event wizard and/or Event date wizard). You can translate the title.
A description of the user-defined field.
Can be seen in the associated wizard (Event wizard and/or Event date wizard). You can translate the description.
Select between the following field types:
- Text field
- Object selection or
Select the original language of the user-defined field.
The identifier is visible to certain users.
Enter a date, from which the user-defined field should be valid. If needed you can delete the date.
Enter a date, until which the user-defined field should be valid. If needed you can delte the date.
Enter the version of the user-defined field.
Enter a note for the user-defined field.
Defines the object type for which this user-defined field is created.
Select, in which wizard the user-defined field should be shown by setting a check mark in front of the following options:
Furthermore you select by setting a check mark, if regarding the course activations
- this field should be configurable in the user-defined course activations
By this option the user-defined field will only be available in in User Generated Content (UGC) learning units on the tab Parameters, if they base on a course activation, but not on an event. Thus this field is not available in UGC event dates.
- this field should be added to the training inventory
By this option the values of the user-defined field are added to the training inventory entries if the course is finished.
Also you can set a check mark that defines that this field of the Remote content will be transferred into the training inventory. In this case it’s also prerequisite that there’s a completed course for transferring the values of the field into the training inventory entries.
Selection field (only shown, if have selected the object type Selection field) (see second screenshot)
You define to whom the objects should be available:
- Users and authors,
- Users or
Dropdown options (only shown, if have selected the object type Dropdown field) (see third screenshot)
Define which values should be made available together with an empty default value.
To create a list of dropdown entries, click for each entry the button Add option. If required you can remove this entry by clicking the button Remove.
Tina Raspberry wants to define an additional text field for her events of the topic “Animals and plants in forests”. She wants also, that the content of the user-defined field will be shown on the main page of the event.
Therefore she does the following steps:
- She creates a user-defined field with the title “Target group” in the wizard User-defined fields by entering a good title and description and the unique identifier “seminartarget2” (see first screenshot).
She has to note that she can’t change the field type and the identifier later on.
- She sets the check mark Events on the tab Options field (see second screenshot) and clicks the button Save.
- She creates an events with the title “Domestic mycology”. She sees on the sub tab User-defined fields of the tab Parameters in the Event wizard the field Target group (see third screenshot).
- Tina enters “Walker” in the field Target group and clicks the button Save.
- She switches to the Tab Main page of the Event wizard and choose the Move editor. Then she inserts the Move Title and text and clicks the button Insert variable (see fourth screenshot).
- Tina inserts the variable $customWizardField[seminartarget2]$ at the end of the text (see fifth screenshot) and clicks the button Save.
- Now she creates an event date of this event and then creates a course activation with a preview image (sub tab Preview of tab Options). She puts this course activation via quick registration (Participant management of course activation) into Mathilda’s catalog (see sixth screenshot).
- Then Mathilda Green can register to this event and sees the content of the variable for the user-definend field “Target group” (see seventh screenshot). The target group is Walker.