Course activation: Participant management
In this view you see the statistics of the selected course activation. All users with the registration status Registered are considered.
On the left side you see the overview of the course participants and how many (in per cent) have edited the course Mandatory or Optional. On the right side you see the processing status of the participants, ordered by
- Not started
- Not passed
Add an user to the course. You have four options:
- Register users as participants and set to “mandatory”
- Register users as participants and set to “optional”
- Display the course activation in the user’s catalogue and set “mandatory”
- Display the course activation in the user’s catalogue and set “optional”
In the overview below you see now Registered in the column Registration status.
Furthermore you see in the last column, who has approved the participation of an user to a course.
To register users to a run, choose the context menu in the column “Information regarding the run” and select the appropriate entry. If users couldn’t be registered to the run, a message in the column “Run with warning” appears.
If you click on the table entry in the column “Information regarding the run”, you get an overview of the event dates of the appropriate run. If you click on the table entry in the column “Run with warning”, the Event manager opens.
Cancel user registration
A dialog window, in which are all participants listed, opens. By setting a check box you select a participant and you can delete him/her. In the overview below you see now Deregistered in the column Registration status.
You get automatically to the next tab Notifications. First select the recipients of your notification:
- all course participants
- all course participants who have not completed the course
- all course participants who have not completed the selected learning object (select below)
The number in parentheses shows how many participants are concerned.
Then you can create your message (notification) and you select if this should be sent by Community or via e-mail. By clicking Publish you send the notification.
You can add participants via the e-mail-address, the first and last name or the login. Enter the appropriate data in the entry field of the appropriate method (e-mail, first and last name, login). Notes, how to enter the data you find directly beneath the entry field. Afterwards you click on the button Recognize participant data. Then you get a list with all users, which are found regarding your entered data. The check boxes before all names are automatically set. If you don’t want to add a participant anymore, just deselect the check box.
Via click on the button Add you add all selected users as participants to this course activation (registration status: Registered/edit mode: Optional).
The quick registration is a real-time search. Once you enter characters of the first name, last name or login name, you get all users, which contain these characters, displayed.
If you click on the status icon of the respective user, the dialog window “Learning results” opens. If you select the learning object, which should be skipped, you can set a check box at “Skip element”. Now Avendoo® skips this learning object in the learning path. The skipped learning object doesn’t turn green on the learning path, because it wasn’t processed or visited. The positioning indiciator turns to the next learning object on the learning path, which can be processed by now.
Display of the participants (table)
You see all participants listed for status, first name, last name, OU, registration status and edit mode in the table (in the default view).
Configure column view
To add or delete further columns of the table, click on the icon in the table header on the left side.
The color of the rectangle in this line shows the current processing status of the participant. Via click on the rectangle you can edit the status.
If you click on the colored rectangle in the column Status, the dialog window Learning results opens. Now you see first the user data of the participant. Course component shows you the individual learning objects of the course (title), the type of the learning object and the current processing status of the participant. Below you see the Detailed results, which you can delete if applicable via click on the dustbin.
You can filter some data like status, registration status and edit mode further via the drag and drop menu.
- Viewable in the catalog
Approval procedure (course activation)
- With approval procedure
- Without approval procedure
Status of the approval
- Not requested
- Rule on participants
Edit mode can be changed by team leader
- Not allowed
You find further information above under “Send message“.
Rules on participants
To record a new rule on participants, click on the button Record new rule on participants. A dialog window opens.
Runs help you to structure the participant management of your course activations. You define a start date, to which time obstacles of learning path refer. Further you define the maximum number of participants, the status, price and costs. When the appropriate course activation contains events, you get them displayed.
At the summary after the registration of a run (on which event dates the participant is registered) the event dates are sorted by start date and the event title is shown in the appropriate language. Further you see an alternative event date if there are deregistered participants.
- If you plan several event dates in a course activation, choose runs. Via the runs you can select from each event, which you plan with a certain group of participants, an event date. If you create several runs, you can add several groups of participants to several event dates.
- You can register users to runs as author. You register users to a run with status “Active” by setting a check box for editing before the appropriate run and clicking the button “Add user”. At the user selection you get also users, who are not registered to the course activation, listed. Avendoo® registers participants automatically to all event dates of the selected run and the course activation, if the participants were registered by an author to a run.
If you want to book the participants in the participant list of the event date and don’t want to book on the waiting list on the run registration at full participant list, click on the button “Add user with evnt date overbooking”.
- You can define a run with a time obstacle, for example with the start date of the run.
- Avendoo® can transmit runs and the assigned event dates as change messages to serve as basis for creating a SAP VM course run offer. When authors create, edit or delete a run in Avendoo®, Avendoo® generates an appropriate change message. If an author creates, changes or deletes an event date, Avendoo® controls, if this event date is assigned to one or more runs and sends a change message if applicable.
- Authors can create community messages, which the participants receive, at the starting and the end of a run.
Notification of needs
Notifications of needs suggest the participation of an user to a training option. Therefore click on Record new reported training needs.
In this overview you see the employees, whose needs are not booked. You can edit, delete the training needs or you can move the reported training needs to another course activation. Further you can create a booking regarding the reported training needs or you can extend an existing booking. Via the creation of a booking the user is registered to the course activation and the reported training need appears among the listing of reported training need with booking.
In this overview you see the employees, whose training need is already booked.
Record new reported training needs
To report a new training need, you have to fill out the following data:
Employee and organizational unit
Define an employee for this notification of needs or indicate how much need there is in an organizational entity.
Via click on Choose a new dialog window opens. Then you select the user, for whom you want to record a new reported training need.
- Organizational unit
The organizational unit is automatically entered by the selection of the user.
- Necessary number
The necessary number will also be entered automatically by the selection of the user. Without selecting an user you can enter the training need (the number) of an organizational unit.
Due date and priorization
Prioritize the notification of needs and indicate the time for which the need must be met:
- Quarter/ year
- Priority: Low, Normal oder High
Remark and status
Select a status and add a remark where appropriate.
- Status of the report: Initiated, Inquiry, Approved, Rejected, Registered or Completed
Language and costs
Determine the language and the costs being assumed:
- Externally funded
Set the check box, if the costs are covered by an external entity.